THE HISTORY & TERROIR
Originating in Northumberland, where some of the last remaining Juniper bushes in the UK are found, former Sipsmith distiller Chris Garden and Cairby Hill of UCL have created a new Triple Technique distillation process which extracts a broader spectrum of flavours at lower temperatures under pressure.
• On The Nose
There is an immediate fresh scent of green apple, bright grapefruit and spicy juniper. This then opens up to reveal underlying notes of Douglas Fir, and fragrant blackcurrant.
• On Sipping
The initial fresh citrus flavours evolve into unexpected ripe cantaloupe melon, the spicy fragrant juniper continues to coat the palate. There is a luscious sweet mouthfeel, which is both juicy and quenching.
• The Finish
Extremely long and this is where the juniper reveals itself further with flavours alternating between sandalwood and cedar with a notable savoury presence that complements the sweet blackcurrant and liquorice. The sweet juiciness is maintained throughout the finish.
1) Double Gold
To celebrate winning Double Gold at the San Fransisco World Spirits Competition, Nick Strangeway has created a deliciously herbaceous celebratory cocktail, perfect for a summer's evening.
• 35ml Hepple Gin
• 15ml Italicus
• 10ml Suze
• 5ml Yellow Chartreuse
• 50ml Dry English Sparkling Wine
• Stir the Hepple Gin over ice with the Italicus, Suze and Yellow Chartreuse. Then strain into a chilled coupe glass. Express the oil from a small twist over lemon over the drink and then top with the sparkling wine.
• Garnish with an edible flower
2) Hepple White Lady
• 45ml Hepple Gin
• 20ml Cointreau
• 20ml Lemon Juice
• 5ml Sugar Syrup
• 10ml Egg White
• Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled glass.
• Garnish with a lemon twist (optional).
3) Fireside Martini
• 50ml Hepple Gin
• 10ml Palo Cortado Sherry
• 5ml Tangerine Juice
• 5ml Creme de Cacoa
• 1ml Oak Smoked Salt Water
• Stir on rock ice and then pour into a chilled coupe glass.
• Garnish with a twist of Tangerine.
OUTSTANDING RECOGNITION & AWARD-WINNING
• San Francisco World Spirits Competition: Double Gold Award
Hepple gin won the prestigious Double Gold Award at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, was co-created by cook and broadcaster Valentine Warner and award-winning mixologist Nick Strangeway. Moorland MD Walter Riddell grew up amid the Hepple junipers while master distiller Chris Garden moved from Sipsmith.
• The GIN is IN: Double Gold Award
• Difford's Guide 2017: 5*+ rating
Order NOW with UrbanFindr!